• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter storm warning ⚠️

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter storm warning ⚠️

SW sask
    I guess they need the moisture but it looks to get nasty , t storms , then snow then winds up to 80 K . Will be a rough weekend down there .

Hoping like hell we get what they're forecasting here in eastern ab... top is powder dry, and were already having to punch seeds deeper than I care for to hit decent moisture.
    Relentless wind the last few days took a real toll on surface moisture.

Comment

NW edmonton grass has slight bit of snow on it windy last 2 days and blowing today -1 c this morn fields ready to work but not much weed growth yet low spots wet have to go around quite a few yet. Will need rain for sure but might be more money in drought ins instead of croping. Grass greening up,lots of geese.

Comment

Snow and big wind in eastern Alberta now. At least some moisture. This is the 28th anniversary of the storm that marked the end of the drought of the '80s. 1991. It was a big wind, about an inch of moisture, and killed nearly every calf born that day. But we got another inch of rain the 8th of May and another on the 11th and the drought was over. Looking back its hard to imagine what kept us going up to then. No moisture, no grass and no prospects.

Comment

Over two inches of snow in the places it’s stuck in the yard right now. Blowing a gale and just downright miserable but I’ll take it! Cows aren’t super happy but I can almost hear the grass singing.

Power is flickering and even cell service isn’t great. We almost made it out of April without one last storm but it looks like she saved it up for us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...